The WATBike project was started in March 2010.
The programme has been supported by Northumberland Coast ”Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty” (AONB). This has led to a range of cycle activities utilising our minibuses and bespoke bike trailers.
- Regular weekly guided leisure rides (Wednesday evenings and Sundays) which will give riders the opportunity to enjoy many parts of North East safely and with confidence, see the link above. Bespoke bike rides for any group, employer or school. Contact us to discuss your requirements
- Transport on minibus and bike trailer to any destination, eg Edinburgh or Whitehaven. Full support options available – we will carry your bags, stay with group and provide a lead cyclist of necessary, and also carry bike tools and equipment (many of our volunteer cycle guides are experienced mechanics). Contact us for an idea of costs.
- Innovative bike training programmes flexibly delivered to a group. Aimed at novice cyclists this will make you much more confident and knowledgeable about all aspects of cycling and includes bike maintenance, route planning, and practical on and off road riding. Click here for more details
- Bike recycling; we take in donated bikes, which our volunteer qualified mechanics refurbish. We then sell them at a very reasonable cost, and this saves these bikes from going to landfill.
- Bike service and repair in our fully equipped workshop.
- All income from the WATBike project is passed to WATBus charity to help with ongoing running costs.
To enquire or book a trip, email: email@example.com